The Life and Pensions ecosystem is simultaneously accelerating and fragmenting. There are new product, partnership and strategic opportunities everywhere – but you need to pivot fast to seize them.
Create competitive products
Customers want more from their pensions and insurance policies than the set-it-and-forget-it products of the past.
They want lifelong flexibility that adapts and evolves to the changes in their life.
To stay competitive, you need deep flexibility at the heart of your policy administration infrastructure.
So you can connect, develop and configure new and existing products into packages that serve individuals instead of segments.
And crucially, make those products available and accessible to your customers across any channel they prefer.
Leverage the transformed ecosystem
The traditional insurance landscape is fragmenting into multiple connected ecosystems of highly specialized players.
There’s a huge opportunity to forge partnerships that enable you to bring new services to new market segments that were previously out of reach.
The key is a transformed policy administration environment that interoperates with the rapidly expanding insurance value chain.
So you can collaborate with a universe of specialized providers – regardless of the systems, products, processes or platforms they use.
“A completely new IT platform and a battery of customer-friendly digital solutions lay the foundations for meeting the customers’ need for simplicity and flexibility.”
Accelerate new business models
An agile policy administration environment doesn’t just make it easier to operate within a fragmented value chain.
It also makes adapting to change profitable.
Flexible, reliable and interoperable policy infrastructure frees you of peripheral complexity.
It means you can partner with specialists to handle non-core operations (like claims handling, asset management and bankassurance). Or you could sell out your core competencies to other companies.
The result is continuous strategic freedom – so you can adapt your business model dynamically, depending on your objectives and the market’s requirements.
Business agility starts here
Effective business agility in Life and Pensions is built in a transformative environment that:
- Provides multi-channel ability across the platforms that matter to users
- Serves relevant data smartly to improve time to market
- Encourages customer-centric product development and processes
- Integrates seamlessly with all legacy and outside systems
- Is reliable and built for lifelong partnerships
Business agility in action
SPP is Sweden’s fastest growing life insurance provider, and their fragmented, rigid policy administration system couldn’t keep up. Our centralized environment transformed the entire organization.
- Premium sales increased by 17X the market growth rate
- There was a 10% reduction in cost across the whole business
- Using our open API they built touchless sales and quotations
- The future-proof environment ensures ongoing rapid growth
We helped Movestic transform into a front-runner with a new core platform built for the fourth industrial revolution.
- Replacing multiple bespoke legacy systems in multi-channel transformation
- Unlocked 5.0 billion Euro in annual premiums in an additional market segment
- Increase efficiency by adding funds leveraging touchless fund order execution
- Enabling further improved individualization and simplicity for customers and partners
Nordnet is a leading digital bank for savings and investments in the Nordic market. We built the digital foundation that helped Nordnet launch their pension and insurance offering within just six months.
- Policy administration environment enabled rapid time-to-market for insurance wrapped pension and savings products
- Multi legal entity and multi country ability to support single platform strategy across the region
- Expansion into new advisory services using off-the-shelf integrators
Insights | Video
The leading occupational pension company SPP Pension & Försäkring AB recognized back in 2016 that its strategic growth plan required becoming a digital front-runner in the pension and life
Insights | Video
Skandia, one of Scandinavia’s leading life insurance companies, wanted to leave their old system solutions and move towards a standard system, increasing efficiency and at the same time mitigating
Events | Blog Post
On May 22-23, we hope to see you at Pensjonskassekonferansen 2023, at Scandic Oslo Airport, Gardermoen.Lumera will be attending Pensjonskassekonferansen 2023, one of Norway’s most important meeting
Insights | Video
Folksam wanted to utilize the IORP regulations to strengthen its position in the Swedish occupational pensions market and provide better conditions to their customers by offering long-term solid
Insights | Blog Post
On April 18, Lumera invited representatives from the Life and Pensions (L&P) industry to join an exciting webinar about building the business of the future using AI. Andrew Hubbard, Chief...
Talk to an industry expert
Discover the outcomes, opportunities and value you can unlock within your organization.
Fill in the form and one of our specialists will get in touch.